Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Jaxtr: This is shit for Indians

Today I just received an invitation for joining "JAXTR" .
http://www.jaxtr.com
I joined to find out what it was. I got it- for Indians, its a shit like all other VOIP services ( except if you are interested in ISD calls).

From this link you can call me or TEXT ME
http://www.jaxtr.com/wecacuee

and this is called a JAXTR widget:


So I think I should brief you about jaxtr:

JAXTR

What's different
Using jaxtr you can call anyone with "jaxtr account" using your phone, not through your PC+headphone set.

Suppose vikas has a jaxtr account.
So you can call Vikas for "local charges only(=STD charges depending on your location)" from 44 countries in the world including India. But Vikas looses jaxtr credits (I don't care for that). If you also have a jaxtr account vikas do not looses credits at all :).

About SMS
There is a "TEXT ME" option. But in India that does not mean SMS. Because SMS service is not yet supported by JAXTR. If you text me, I get a mail :(.
In SMS supported countries you get an option on the account page.


Procedure for Calling me
1. When you press call me button, you have to give your phone no.
2. Then JAXTR calls you and gives you my new LOCAL NO. (And that local no. is of mumbai even if I live in delhi)
3. Then you can call me using that no.

One advantage
You can give your JAXTR link on any site without caring about spam calls. Because you can easily block the spam callers. And your original Phone number always remains hidden. But I find this advantage, advantageous only to girls. [/)]

This is what I think and know about JAXTR. I would like to see your views as comments

No comments:

Post a Comment