Pages

Friday, March 14, 2014

Why is AAP still a ray of hope?

This mid-March 2014 and in my opinion AAP has done nothing that counts as betrayal of the people's trust and that is why I continue to support AAP.

Various valid points have been raised against AAP and I won't hesitate to admit my reservation against some of their decisions; the most disheartening being relaxation in candidate selection procedure. Also, I agree that Arvind is a liar (Edit: After clarification by Arvind, I think otherwise) and shrewd politician, but I am willing to excuse him for political compulsions.

However, this blog is about addressing concerns of some of my friends about AAP. First of them being about personal wealth of Arvind Kejriwal. Arvind Kejriwal's wealth is more than that of Narendra Modi and is around 1.5 crore according to his election affidavit. But all that is reasonably explained in the affidavit itself. Arvind's wife is earning around 9 lacs annually, he is drawing a salary of 2 lacs annually, he inherited a property worth 37 lacs, he bought a property worth 55 lacs in 1998 for 3.5 lacs. It is arguable, whether a property worth 3.5 lacs can appreciate to 55 lacs (16 fold) in 15 years. Such kind of increase in property rates is not rare in satellite towns of Delhi.

Another question asked by a friend of mine was "Why Arvind has never questioned Sonia Gandhi?" My answer is "I don't know." But I also don't understand what it proves. Arvind has not also question Rajnath Singh probably (I may have missed it, if he has). The point is that not targeting a particular person doesn't mean anything.

Recently Arvind visited Mumbai which caused inconvenience to a lot of people because of his travel by local train and auto which was exaggerated by our unbiased media. A friend of mine asked "How is AAP different?" I apologize to my friend for the inconvenience. But is "inconvenience" caused to the masses the only criteria by which you judge the differences between parties.

How about transparency in funding?

How about supporting RTI for political parties?

How about supporting independent CBI?

How about clarifying stand on gas pricing issue?

How about fielding candidates with pending criminal cases?

These are one of the few reasons why I continue to support AAP. I see AAP as a small party which is likely to provide a corruption free democratic, if not a capitalist India.

1 comment:

  1. How wise is to support a party on the basis of 5 questions? How important it could be, but these are questions!!! If there is claim that AAP themselves will give the answer then see his records for Delhi governance.

    Anyway, all the best

    ReplyDelete