Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2010

*How to* stay positive

It has been a long time since I wrote something; my last post was in September. All this time I have been busy or more appropriately-psychologically busy. If you satisfy the following 3 conditions then you are psychologically busy:

  1. You have a lot of work to do.
  2. You do cancel trips and postpone enjoyable activities (like watching movies, playing cricket, going to Goa) so that you can find time for completing the work pending on you.
  3. You do not complete that work, instead end up sleeping the whole weekend or doing some entirely unnecessary piece of work. (like writing a blog)

That's enough of digression from the topic. Friends, this blog is about: how to stay positive!!! Well, it's bit strange that I want to write on this topic. Even though, I have some much more interesting topics to write about--like my encounter with a gay and then with a girl in auto-rickshaw--, yet I chose to write on staying positive. The main reason can be attributed to that fact that I had been feeling quite negative a few days back, and the lesson I learnt has allowed me to feel positive again (so far).

Let's start with a question. When you make a mistake, suppose you missed a deadline because of procrastination, how do you treat yourself; what do you tell yourself ?
  1. You missed a deadline, what a horrible looser you are ! you won't get anywhere in life. Anyhow be careful from next time; or
  2. You missed a deadline, what is happening to you ? you are not like that ! you are awesome at time management, you should find a solution so that you don't miss other deadlines.

Yes, you are right; I followed 1st approach for a long time, and I recommend using the second approach for staying positive. (It's natural aspect of philosophy, you always know what's the correct way to live, but you forget to apply that when it is most required.) Tell yourself that you are a super star and ask yourself to live up to the reputation; that is a much more effective way of managing your mind.

When you are feeling lazy to press your shirt or to make shave, tell your self how good looking and handsome you are and you will find motivation to press the shirt.

When you are feeling lazy to get out of your bed to do some enjoyable activity, tell yourself that you are the most energetic person in your friend circle and you will find the energy to jump out of the bed.

When you are feeling meek to get a daunting task done tell your self how courageous you are to get the courage to do the task.

In short, positive motivation works for me (and may be for all) better than negative one. Best of luck and stay positive.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when I feel lazy to do shaving, I tell myself how great I look in this rugged look... tats wat I call positive thinking,,,

    ReplyDelete