Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Rise of wikileaks and information age

What does the rise of wikileaks signify? Does is signify an age where there is no personal privacy? With the rise of micro-cameras and microphones, with the rise of sting operations, with the rise of Google, have you arrived in an age where you have no personal privacy.

But what does this mean? From an optimistic point of view, I see this as an age where honesty will be valued again, transparency will be obvious. I see this as an age where a killing in Baghdad moves hearts in New York. I see this as an age where planning a war will become impossible without the enemy getting to know about it. I see this age as वसुधैव कुटुम्भकम

3 comments:

  1. I beg to differ,,, this will lead to micromanagement of life,,, so far our experience tell us that more information has been creator of problems rather than playing a role of solver,, and this thing will be one of them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. >>so far our experience tell us that more information has been creator of problems rather than playing a role of solver
    I'll love to hear such an experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An era that makes honesty obvious. It is coming. I love it.

    ReplyDelete